5/19/10

A step in the right direction..

I am extremely proud of myself. Considering I have this huge amount of credit card debt that I need to start paying off and ASAP, I have taken some steps to make this happen:
1) Last night, I gave ALL of my credit cards to my mom. No big deal, right? HUGE! My issue is that after I make a payment, I keep using my card because I'm out of cash. Not a good plan.
2) I went to every website that I online shop at and removed all of my credit cards. That was really difficult. I almost didn't do it. But I did.
I haven't been this proud of myself in years. I am taking these baby steps to better myself in the long run. When the day comes that I can wake up and not feel the weight of my debt on my shoulders, I'll be completely and utterly happy.

On another note, I'm on the pursuit of a hobby/passion in life. I'm thinking of taking piano lessons and getting back into my art. I also want to get back into shape AND get outside more..I've never been one to hike and camp but I'm on a mission to do it and LOVE it. I've been so obsessed with the material things that I couldn't focus on anything else.

Go me. Huge pat on my back. Starting to get my feet back on the ground.

Quote of the day:
"It's a common belief that positive thinking leads to a happier, healthier life." -Meredith Grey.

2 comments: