3/5/10

Ahoy, and other nautical expressions.

Today, the long awaited Alice in Wonderland by the brilliant Tim Burton was released. I cannot begin to tell you how long I've been waiting for this version of one of my most favorite Disney films, especially one directed/produced by my idol, TB. My mother and I are planning on seeing it tonight in 3D and I'm itching with anticipation. The Roanoke Times called it a "strange trip," more like Grace Slick's psychedelic '60's anthem "White Rabbit" instead of Lewis Carroll's version. Apparently in Burton's version, it is post-Alice from our childhood. I am going to have to go into the theater with an open heart and mind, but I do know that Tim Burton rarely, if ever, disappoints me. The one slip-up was his production of 9. 
"I wonder if I've been changed in the night? Let me think. Was I the same when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I'm not the same, the next question is 'Who in the world am I?' Ah, that's the great puzzle!"

1 comment: